Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends! Thanksgiving is a great time to be thankful for who God is and what He does. Every day is a great time to be thankful, but I appreciate a special day set aside for that express purpose.
We have more to be thankful for than can be imagined. If you don’t believe me, read this verse:
I Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.
That’s quite a bit to be thankful for right there! But do you know the next verse? Maybe these things God is talking about aren’t so hidden after all!
I Corinthians 2:10 But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
Why don’t they ever read the next verse! We’ve heard I Corinthians 2:9 so many times but how often have we heard I Corinthians 2:10? God has, already, revealed these things to us. Where do you think He did that? Take a guess!
God’s revealed these things He has prepared for us in His written Word! He’s already revealed these things to us! They include so much I’ll just include a partial list here. See if these resonate with you.
- Complete salvation to be realized at Christ’s return
- Justification — we have been declared Just in God’s eyes
- Righteousness — imputed to us because of what Jesus did
- Peace with God through the cross of Christ
- The love of God shed abroad in our hearts
- The gift of holy spirit within, called the ‘incorruptible seed’ in I Peter
- Remission of past sins — slate wiped clean!
- Forgiveness of current sins we confess
- Fellowship with the Father, the Son and with each other in the body of Christ
- The ministry of reconciling others to God through Christ
- Power in this world in the name of Jesus Christ
- The promise of Christ’s return and our gathering together unto him
- Life in the age to come and forevermore
- Saved from God’s wrath
- A new heaven and new earth where God dwells with man
There’s 15 things right off the top of my head. I’d give you the verses but I’d rather give you a challenge. Get a concordance out or use an online concordance or even the Google search engine to find exactly where the verses that teach us these things are found. Go ahead! Do the exercise! Get used to going into God’s Word to discover His not-so-hidden gems that He has for us there!
I’m thankful for all these things plus my wife, my family, my friends and all the people God’s introduced me to, I’m thankful for what God does for me on a daily basis — the things I know about and the things I don’t. God works all the time, He never sleeps.
The Christian Church is God’s inheritance. We’re God’s most precious possession beginning with His own, only begotten son, Jesus. We’ve been transferred from death unto life because of what Christ did, and we owe God our very lives for that supreme sacrifice.
Thank you Father God for all you’ve done for your people through Christ. You truly are the only true God; there is no other. Thank you Father!
Happy Thanksgiving once again to everyone everywhere. If you don’t know the blessings I’ve listed above, I encourage you to find out exactly what those things mean to you in your life. When you do, I’m sure you’ll be just as thankful as the rest of us who have received them freely through the grace that is in Christ Jesus.